The recording and transcript of the Vaccine Information Session with Experts on Friday, April 23 is available here.
How to get vaccinated
- We encourage all community members to get vaccinated as soon as possible.
- Vaccine supply in Maryland has risen substantially, find a vaccine appointment near you here.
- AME Pharmacy is accepting walk-in vaccine appointments Monday – Friday 9 AM-5 PM.
- UMBC Community Member may now be vaccinated at UMB’s clinic. Go to https://www.umaryland.edu/get-the-vaccine/ to register and select yes if asked, “Do you work/live/study in Baltimore City?”
- Schedule an appointment at Mass Vaccination Sites here.
- Baltimore County has multiple vaccine clinics open, you can schedule a vaccine appointment or find out which clinics are accepting walk-ins here.
- If you are a veteran who receives medical care through the Department of Veterans Affairs, you may be eligible to get vaccinated through the VA.
- Several pharmacies are participating in the Federal Retail Pharmacy Program, participating pharmacies can be found here.
- Updates on the COVID-19 vaccine process in Maryland and information about how to get vaccinated in Maryland are available here.
- Before you head to your vaccination appointment, review this Information about getting your COVID-19 vaccine.
More questions about the vaccine? Check out this site from the University of Chicago.
Addressing Vaccine Skepticism
Skeptical about getting the vaccine? A Doctor discusses their skepticism about the vaccine and why they ultimately decided to get it in the New York Times.
Benefits of Getting Vaccinated
Once you are fully vaccinated you can:
- Visit inside a home or private setting without a mask with other fully vaccinated people of any age
- Visit inside a home or private setting without a mask with one household of unvaccinated people who are not at risk for severe illness
- Travel domestically without a pre- or post-travel test
- Travel domestically without quarantining after travel
- Travel internationally without a pre-travel test depending on destination
- Travel internationally without quarantining after travel
Find out more about what you can and can’t do once you are fully vaccinated here.