If you are approved to be on campus, you have been assigned a group that details your health and safety requirements. Group assignments are largely based on vaccination status, including whether or not you have reported your vaccine.
You should view your testing group on your COVID-19 Compliance Card in your myUMBC profile. A further explanation of the groups and expectations is below. We will communicate with each group by email regarding testing specifics.
If you believe that you have been assigned to a group incorrectly, please email Covid19@umbc.edu.
As public health conditions change, your requirements may also change. Please check your status on your COVID-19 Compliance Card to make sure you understand your requirements.
Groups and testing schedules include:
Group 1 – Fully vaccinated faculty, staff, and students approved to be on campus.
- Beginning July 6, fully vaccinated students, faculty, and staff will be approved for campus access and will not be required to test or complete symptom tracking. Please make sure to report your vaccination through our online forms and verify that it has been processed by checking your COVID Compliance Card in your myUMBC profile. This process may take up to a week after you complete your form.
- If you do test positive please use the Covid-19 Report A Case form so we can provide you with local and campus resources.
Group 2/3- Community members who are unvaccinated, have received an exemption, are partially vaccinated, or vaccination/exemption is still under review.
- You will need to test once a week.
- Residential students and student-athletes will need to test twice a week. (Group 3)
- Please try to deposit your test sample before 10am; this will allow you to receive your results within 24 hours and let us more effectively reach out to individuals with positive results.
- Test kits will be available 24/7.
- No one should come to campus just to take a test.
- This will be a non-observed, self-administered test with a nasal swab.
- If you have not already done so, you will need to download, install, and register the MG Scanner app; you can view instructions here. If you have already registered the app, you will simply need to scan a new specimen tube to submit your test.
- You may pick up a test kit at either the third floor lobby of the University Center or the UMBC Police Station. Walker Apartment residents may obtain test kits at the Walker main office lobby. Please note that the UC location is not available overnight or on weekends.
- Watch this instructional video.
- Make sure you open, take your test and return it on the same day.
- Return your test to a designated collection bin in the University Center, UMBC Police Station, Walker office or the bin outside of University Health Services. Please note that the UC location is not available overnight or on weekends.
- Your results will be posted to your COVID Compliance Card in your myUMBC profile. It may take up to 72 hours for your results to be posted.
If you need help…
- Technical Assistance with downloading the app ﹘ email email@example.com, call 410-455-3838, or visit https://rt.umbc.edu to enter a help request.
- General questions ﹘ Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Clinical assistance with the test ﹘ Call University Health Services at 410-455-2542.
In addition to testing, you must continue to complete your symptom tracking seven days a week.
If you believe that you have been assigned to your group incorrectly, please discuss this with your supervisor or professor and email email@example.com. If you no longer need access to campus, please complete the opt-out process. Submitting the form does not guarantee that your status will change; you should take steps to remain in compliance while we process your request.