In this section:
Graduate Student Ambassadors
Undergraduate Student Ambassadors
Dining & Food Services
Events & Welcome Week
Graduate Student Resources
Health & Wellness
Latest Student Action Update
Peer-to-Peer Resources for Successful Virtual Learning
COVID-19 Health & Safety
- Wearing your mask correctly is important. Please check out this short video from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Make sure to cover your nose and mouth.
- UMBC’s Public Health Dashboard will be updated with new data on September 16. The dashboard provides data about the prevalence of COVID-19 within our main campus.
Student Ambassadors Are Ready to Answer Your Virtual Learning Questions
- Students: Do you have questions about virtual learning? UMBC’s Student Ambassadors are ready to help! This new program connects undergraduate and graduate students with volunteer student peers who serve as a “brain trust,” sharing information and resources on how to become successful virtual learners in the time of COVID-19. Ambassadors provide information, share their experiences using effective strategies, and direct students to available resources.
- Join with other UMBC community members for a Truth, Racial Healing, and Transformation in Our Communities Town Hall on Thursday, September 24, 2020, 4-6 p.m. Learn about UMBC’s Truth, Racial Healing, and Transformation Campus Center and UMBC’s connection to a national framework addressing race equity. The Shriver Center’s Choice Program, along with community partners, will also share how structural racism has impacted youth development in Maryland and how we all can become agents of change. Please register here.
- Visit the UMBC Together website for recent social media posts and the UMBC Together myUMBC group for weekly event spotlights.
Posted: September 15, 2020, 3:09 PM