All employees, researchers, and student workers who will return to campus immediately after the winter break must obtain a COVID-19 test. This page provides additional information and will be updated regularly. You do NOT need to test at this time if you plan to return at the end of January/start of the spring semester. We will be sharing additional guidance for these individuals soon.
Residential students should follow the specific guidance they received from Residential Life.
If you choose to take your test off campus
- This test must be taken between January 2 ﹘ 9.
- Results from an off-campus test must be submitted by January 11 using this form.
- Either a PCR or a Rapid Antigen type test is acceptable.
- Free tests are available at the Baltimore Convention Center as well as other sites across Maryland.
- Baltimore County offers free ongoing COVID-19 testing. You can access sites and make appointments on this website. You do not have to be a Baltimore County resident to access the free testing.
If you would like to take your test on campus
- Testing will be offered January 5 – 7 in the University Center Ballroom.
- BEFORE scheduling an appointment, complete this Consent Form online.
- Schedule an appointment here.
- This testing will be a supervised self-swab instead of a nurse-performed swab.
- Please review this UMPA video to familiarize yourself with the swabbing technique.
Additional Health Precautions
All community members returning to campus are expected to follow safety precautions including:
- Continued mask use, physical distancing, and frequent hand washing.
- Continued symptom tracking every day, seven-days-a-week the entirety of the break.
- No out-of-state travel during the break.
- Avoiding gatherings with people outside of your immediate household.
- Safe on-campus behavior upon return.