Thank you for getting vaccinated against COVID-19! We all have a role in keeping our community healthy and safe. There are two primary ways to report your vaccination status and comply with our vaccine requirement for Fall 2021. Answers to Frequently Asked Questions are also below.
Please only report after you have received both doses of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine, or the single dose of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine.
There are two ways to report your vaccine. Please choose one.
If you were vaccinated in Maryland or DC, we encourage you to complete the consent form for CRISP, Maryland’s regional health information exchange, to support collection and use of COVID-19 data important to public health with clinicians and other approved users.
If you choose this option, you do not need to provide any additional information to UMBC. Once you sign the consent form, your vaccination and COVID-19 testing data will be automatically shared with UMBC (Please note that this process is still very new and it may take a week for us to receive the information and note it in your record). If you completed this form earlier this year for testing, you will need to complete the form again in order to grant consent to access your vaccine and testing records.
Unfortunately, the CRISP system is not always able to correctly match you and your data. This is a statewide system, we are unable to change or improve this process. If you have consented to CRISP and your results are not available in two weeks, please complete the option below and manually upload your card.
If you were vaccinated out-of-state, or you prefer to manually share your vaccination information, please complete this attestation form. You will need to upload an image of your vaccination card.
To view your vaccination status, you need to check your COVID Compliance card. Log in to your myUMBC account and click on profile.
How will I know if my submission was successful?
If your COVID Compliance cards is labeled as partial this may mean:
- You Submitted vaccine attestation that is pending review and verification. It may take a week to process your record.
- We have received your data but it is not yet two weeks past the date of your last shot. This record will show Pending Full Vaccination and will change to verified when the proper time has elapsed
- We have only received notification of your first dose. If you consented to CRISP, your second dose should automatically upload.
- We have received an exemption application from you that is under review.
If your COVID Compliance cards is labeled as Not Verified this may mean:
- Nothing has been submitted for vaccine documentation or exemption forms.
- Your vaccine attestation has been reviewed and marked Unverifiable. In this situation, you need to resubmit your attestation. If you consented to CRISP and your record is marked as Not Verified, please manually upload your card.
- Your exemption application has been denied.
I consented to CRISP, and nothing happened, or my data is wrong
CRISP has been a tremendous boost to assisting the campus with getting their vaccine documentation submitted, and has successfully transmitted thousands of records. However, there are times that CRISP is unable to match you or incorrectly matches you, such as setting your final dose as your first dose. Unfortunately we have no control over this process. If you have consented to CRISP and more than two weeks has elapsed, please manually upload your card.
Please allow from a half hour to an hour for your COVID card to fully reflect the submitted information. If you’ve received a confirmation email and your card still does not show the information, please contact email@example.com. Please keep in mind that it may take up to a week to fully verify your data.
Information on getting a vaccine appointment, as well as vaccine information and resources, are available here.
We have developed a process for those requesting medical and religious exemptions. You can submit an exemption request here.