UMBC is open, with employees working remotely. Facilities remain closed. If you have an emergency, please call UMBC Police at 410-455-5555. Maryland is currently under a Safer at Home Order. However, travel and other restrictions remain in Baltimore and Montgomery counties.
Campus Status: UMBC is open, with most students, faculty, and staff studying, teaching, and working remotely. Facilities remain closed. If you have an emergency, please call UMBC Police at (410) 455-5555. Maryland is currently under a Safer at Home Order. However, travel and other restrictions remain in Baltimore County and other areas.The latest campus updates are posted on the Retrievers Return website. If you have questions or concerns, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Student Services and Support
- The America East conference has postponed all sports competitions for the duration of the fall semester. Learn more here.
- UMBC’s Counseling Center staff continue to meet with students this summer. To make an appointment with a counselor, please call (410) 455-2472 between 8:30 a.m. and 5 p.m., Monday through Friday, and leave a message with your phone number. A staff member will return your call within a few hours. If you need urgent after-hours assistance, please call (410) 455-3230.
- Join Summer STEM for a Lunch and Learn session on Wearable Sensors and Infrared Cameras on Wednesday, July 22, at 12 p.m.
- Submit to seb’s Instagram ‘90s playlist collaboration on Thursday, July 23.
- Save the date for the Bender Disability Virtual Career Fair on Wednesday, August 5, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Business Continuity and Staff Support
- UMBC recently offered COVID-19 testing for faculty, staff, and students who are approved to be on campus this summer. Read more about the results of this pilot.
- UMBC’s buildings are secured, with some employees and research teams on campus and taking appropriate health and safety precautions. Only employees with permission from their supervisor, approved researchers, and/or approved students should be on campus.
- If you have a one-time emergency need to visit campus and have gained appropriate approval(s) but do not have keys to gain access to the building/office that you need to visit, please call UMBC Police Deputy Chief Bruce Perry at (443) 677-2195 or Lieutenant Derrick Johns at (410) 207-0850.
- Visit the UMBC Together myUMBC group for a weekly events spotlight.