UMBC is open, with employees working remotely. Facilities remain closed. If you have an emergency, please call UMBC Police at 410-455-5555. Maryland is currently under a Safer at Home Order. However, travel and other restrictions remain in Baltimore and Montgomery counties.
Campus Status: UMBC is open, with most students, faculty, and staff studying, teaching, and working remotely. Facilities remain closed. If you have an emergency, please call UMBC Police at (410) 455-5555. Maryland is currently under a Safer at Home Order. However, travel and other restrictions remain in Baltimore County and other areas.The latest campus updates are posted on the Retrievers Return website. If you have questions or concerns, please email email@example.com.
Student Services and Support
- Please see the Provost's revised guidance on University-recognized Applied Learning Experiences, including Internships, Cooperative Education, Research Experiences, and Service-Learning & Community Engagement activities. Graduate students engaged in faculty-directed research and creative achievement activities that require off-campus or field work should follow the research exception process.
- Bender Consulting Services hosts a Disability Virtual Career Fair on Wednesday, August 5, 9 a.m. ﹘ 6 p.m.
- Save the date for “Where My People At: Multicultural Engagement at UMBC,” a virtual open house on Thursday, August 18, 3 - 4:15 p.m.
Business Continuity and Staff Support
- The Faculty Development Center is hosting virtual discussions and sessions to support faculty in effective online teaching approaches — approaches designed to keep students on track toward meeting learning outcomes. For an example, see our upcoming discussions on designing a coherent online course.
- UMBC’s buildings are secured, with some employees and research teams on campus and taking appropriate health and safety precautions. Only employees with permission from their supervisor, approved researchers, and/or approved students should be on campus.
- Faculty Summer Office Access Requests: If you need to access the campus to prepare course materials for a class that you are teaching this fall, or access to your office to teach online during the summer, please submit a Summer Office Access Request.
- Faculty Fall Office Access Requests: If you need to access the campus during the fall semester to prepare course materials for a class that you are teaching, or access to your office to teach online during the fall semester, please submit a Fall Office Access Request. Please submit your request by August 13, 2020. Decisions will be rendered by August 18, 2020.
- If you have a one-time emergency need to visit campus and have gained appropriate approval(s) but do not have keys to gain access to the building/office that you need to visit, please call UMBC Police Deputy Chief Bruce Perry at (443) 677-2195 or Lieutenant Derrick Johns at (410) 207-0850.
- Visit the UMBC Together myUMBC group for a weekly event spotlight.