Retrievers are ready to teach, learn, discover, connect, and protect our community this fall.
- UMBC began the fall semester on August 27. Currently, 91 percent of courses and associated sections are fully online, 7 percent are hybrid, and 2 percent are fully in-person. Classes will not be held in person after Thanksgiving.
- On-campus housing is operating at 34 percent capacity for the fall semester.
- UMBC is open, with most employees working remotely. Maryland is currently under a Safer at Home Order.
- Campus building access is restricted to faculty, staff, and students approved to work, live, and take classes on campus this fall. All people authorized to be on campus this fall must fulfill COVID-19 testing and other requirements.
- UMBC continues to monitor the prevalence of COVID-19 in the region and on campus, and will make adjustments to restrict or expand campus access based on the best information available.
- If you have a question concerning UMBC’s COVID-19 response, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you have an emergency, please call UMBC Police at 410-455-5555.
Latest Campus Communications
In an effort to keep our community informed, we want to update you on the University’s response to influenza in the State of Maryland as well as the 2019-nCoV coronavirus. The CDC continues to...Posted: February 7, 2020 9:32 AM
Given the high number of cases of influenza both on campus and in Maryland, we want to take this opportunity to update you on university recommendations for members of our community who are not...Posted: January 30, 2020 12:10 PM
What You Need to KnowDear UMBC Community, Welcome to the Spring Semester! UMBC is committed to keeping our community safe, healthy, and informed. This email provides an update on influenza in the State of...Posted: January 27, 2020 1:33 PM