Health and Safety Tips + Well-Being Events
Enjoying Homecoming Safely
- We hope you will attend Homecoming 2021 this weekend. Please practice safe on-campus behavior, including wearing a mask outdoors if you are not able to physically distance.
- If you have cold or flu symptoms, getting tested for COVID-19 is not enough. Reach out to your healthcare provider to seek treatment (they will also arrange for testing). Students may also make an appointment with Retriever Integrated Health. Please do not come to campus to test as you may expose others to COVID-19 or other illnesses.
COVID-19 Related Absences
- If you are feeling unwell, please do not come to campus or attend class. However, students should keep in mind that they will still need to make up missed work. Please let your professor know ASAP if you cannot attend class. More information is here.
COVID-19 Health and Safety
- Traveling domestically? Check out this guidance from the CDC.
- Refresh Fridays at the Center for Well-Being, October 8, 3-4 p.m. -- Do you need to refresh your well-being regimen? Do you need to recommit to self- and community-care? This monthly series hosted by i3b and Retriever Integrated Health/Health Promotion is designed to provide students with an opportunity to refresh and renew through culturally responsive self-care and well-being activities and topics. Refresh Fridays will be held the second and fourth Fridays of each month. More information here.
- Students, are you or someone you care about experiencing mental health symptoms that are distressing or interfering with everyday functioning? This free screening tool is available to all UMBC students and can be taken anonymously. These screenings are provided so that you may find out, in just a few minutes, whether or not professional consultation would be helpful to you. #retrieverintegratedhealth
Posted: October 7, 2021, 3:07 PM