Hygiene and Hand-Washing
Proper hygiene is one thing that everyone can practice to reduce the spread of germs and viruses. As faculty, staff, and students return to campus, every person needs to discipline themselves into a routine with proper hygiene.
- Everyone is encouraged to wash their hands frequently with soap and water for a minimum of 20 seconds and utilize sanitizer when soap and water are not available. Hands should be washed prior to eating and again after eating and any time after using the restroom.
- Avoid touching your face.
- Don’t share tools or equipment. If sharing is necessary, consider disinfecting the tool or equipment between uses, wearing gloves, or both.
- Faculty and staff should disinfect their work areas and maintain a clean work environment.
- Departments with frequently-used shared spaces should disinfect these spaces several times a day.
- Mobile phones should be disinfected daily as they are frequently placed on high-touch surfaces. Avoid sharing phones with others.