We know that many in our community are eager to return to in-person activities. However, due to our current campus safety measures and limited space availability on campus, there are many challenges you should consider. Here are some guidelines:
- Due to the limited space availability on campus, we do not recommend planning large events for Fall 2021.
- Scheduling for fall events must be done through 25Live. A risk assessment review is integrated into the event request form. All events are required to be approved through the risk assessment process. 25Live space requests must be submitted a minimum of 2 weeks prior to the event date to allow for review of risk assessment.
- If you wish to meet in a room that is not in 25Live (such as department-controlled conference rooms), consider an attendance cap of no more than half the number of chairs in the room. If possible, arrange room furniture to create distance and communicate expectations to guests.
- We recommend boxed food or a “grab and go” option at indoor events. If this approach will not work for your event, consult directly with Chartwells to design a plan that prioritizes the safety and comfort of your guests.
- Consider offering virtual components to events so all community members can participate.
- Event guidance and health and safety protocols apply to all UMBC owned and operated facilities.
- We will continue to update event safety guidance as the changing public health situation warrants.