Fall 2020 Updates
UMBC is carefully developing a gradual and multi-phased approach to a Return to On-Campus Work plan that will give full consideration to the well-being of employees and the safety of the work environment. Our knowledge and understanding of COVID-19 continues to evolve and our plans and procedures will be updated as more information becomes available.
Updates will be posted on this page. Please note that the Return to On-Campus Work Approval Process and the linked guide should be completed by supervisors and department heads only. It is provided here for your information and reference.
Questions about work during COVID-19 may be directed to COVID19HRresponseteam@umbc.edu.
- Continue remote work to the greatest extent possible.
- Proceed thoughtfully, consistently, and deliberately when making decisions.
- Be compassionate and flexible. Supervisors/Department Heads are asked to work with employees who may have childcare concerns, are in a high-risk group, or have other circumstances that warrant special consideration. Be mindful of the anxiety that might be felt by employees.
- Be ready to adjust based on guidance from USM, CDC, and/or state and local governments.
- Implement scheduling in a fair manner.
- Communicate often.
All employees are expected to fully comply with the policies, protocols, and guidelines outlined in this document. Failure to do so may result in corrective action.