In this section:
Campus Access & Facilities
Return to On-Campus Work
On-Campus Approval Process
On-Campus Safety Protocols
Human Resources FAQ
Remote Learning Resources
Latest Employee Action Update
COVID-19 Health & Safety
- Check out this guidance from the CDC about how to celebrate Thanksgiving safely. If you are planning on spending time with family this Thanksgiving, please do your research and make safety plans now.
Free COVID-19 Testing
- Check out these resources for free COVID-19 testing in the local area: Baltimore County, Baltimore City, Howard County, Anne Arundel County, Carroll County, Prince George’s County, and Montgomery County. For areas not listed here please, please refer to this state testing website.
The Commons Closing for the Year on November 24
- The Commons will be closing for the remainder of 2020 on November 24. The last day for commonvision on-campus printing services and job pick-up will be November 20. Commonvision will continue to receive email requests and will be available for appointments by phone or video conference, Monday ﹘ Friday between 9 a.m. ﹘ 5 p.m. Information about Bookstore curbside pick-up is available here.
- Register for The Empowered University: Teaching and Learning. The UMBC community is invited to join together tomorrow, November 18 from 4 ﹘ 5:30 p.m. for this interactive campus-wide conversation about teaching and learning in the era of remote instruction. Please register here and submit your questions in advance.
- Check out this recent news report featuring an interview with President Hrabowski about his participation in the ongoing trial of the COVID-19 vaccine developed by a team led by Kizzmekia Corbett ’08, biological sciences and sociology.