In this section:
Campus Access & Facilities
Return to On-Campus Work
On-Campus Approval Process
On-Campus Safety Protocols
Human Resources FAQ
Remote Learning Resources
Latest Employee Action Update
COVID-19 Health & Safety
- UMBC’s Public Health Dashboard was updated with new data on September 23. The dashboard provides timely data about the prevalence of COVID-19 within our main campus, based on UMBC’s on-campus testing and reported results from off-campus testing among UMBC faculty, staff, and students who are approved to be on campus this fall.
Counseling Center Offers Group Counseling
- The Counseling Center is offering several support groups, including “Connecting While Apart” groups for both undergraduate and graduate students.
University Health Services Fall Semester Appointment Process
- University Health Services continues to serve the UMBC by appointment only during the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. Please call 410-455-2542 to make an appointment. If you need care outside normal operating hours (Monday – Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m.), please contact the UHS after-hours care line at 410-455-3230.
- Healthcare providers will first meet with patients through a telehealth visit using the secure video conferencing platform WebEx or by phone if video conferencing is not available. If the healthcare provider deems it necessary to further evaluate the patient in person, the provider will discuss that need during the telehealth visit and schedule an in-person appointment. Visits with our nurse or medical assistant for vaccines, blood work, and allergy shots will be scheduled without a telehealth component.
- If you are experiencing an emergency while on campus that requires an immediate response, please contact UMBC police at 410-455-5555. If you are off-campus and have an emergency, please call 911.
Office of Health Promotion Peer Health EducatorsThe UHS Office of Health Promotion staff and trained Peer Health Educators provide virtual education sessions on the following topics; visit the Health Promotion website to schedule a session.
- Alcohol and other drugs
- Healthy Relationships
- Stress management and relaxation techniques
- Nutrition and exercise
- Eating disorders
- STI and HIV/AIDS education
- Sexual and reproductive health
- Sexual assault
- Mental and emotional well being
- Financial well-being