Information for Faculty & Staff
In this section:
Return to On-Campus Work
On-Campus Safety Protocols
Remote Learning Resources
Latest Employee Action Update
April 17: UMBC COVID-19 Action Update
April 17, 2020 6:32 PM
Campus Status: The University is open, with employees working remotely. Facilities will remain closed. Maryland is currently under a Stay at Home Order and face-coverings are required when in retail establishments and public transportation.
For the most updated information and more information on actions to reduce COVID-19 risks in our community, please visit covid19.umbc.edu
Student Services and Support
Business Continuity and Staff Support
- Due to the health risks presented by the COVID-19 crisis, all overnight camps and residential programs are canceled for Summer 2020. In addition, all day-camps scheduled for June are canceled. More information available here.
- The recently passed Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act (CARES Act) includes a provision that expands eligible expenses, retroactive to January 1, 2020, under Healthcare Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs). For additional information on eligible expenses, please click here.
- The Women’s Center is sponsoring Juggling Multiple Demands During COVID-19: A Discussion for faculty and staff on April 22.
- The University has identified a remote Notary service. Contact Pam Rombach for more information.
- Only employees with a letter from their supervisor or students that are approved for late stay should be on campus. If you have an emergency need to visit campus, call UMBC Police Deputy Chief Bruce Perry at 443-677-2195 or Lieutenant Derrick Johns at 410-207-0850.
Watch our Alumna Kizzmekia Corbett, Ph.D. ’08, M16, Leading the nation with her work on a COVID-19 Vaccine on Anderson Cooper 360
or read this excellent profile on NBC News
Our UMBC community always finds ways to support each other. Check out how Retrievers are staying #UMBCtogether even though we’re physically apart: