In this section:
Campus Access & Facilities
Return to On-Campus Work
On-Campus Approval Process
On-Campus Safety Protocols
Human Resources FAQ
Remote Learning Resources
Latest Employee Action Update
COVID-19 Health & Safety
- UMBC’s Public Health Dashboard was updated with new data on December 2. The dashboard provides timely data about the prevalence of COVID-19 within our main campus. There were nine new positive cases during this reporting period.
Mindfulness Sessions for Students
- Join Phillip McKnight, Shriver Center Peaceworker Fellow and UMBC alumnus, for a session supporting the practices of mindfulness to build resiliency, reduce stress, and lead a happier life. Sessions are free for UMBC students and will take place on Saturday afternoons, 3:30 p.m. ﹘ 4:15 p.m. through December 19. There are still spaces available. Sign up for one session or all remaining sessions here.
Campus Building Status
- All campus buildings will remain locked for the rest of the fall 2020 semester and during winter break. If you need one-time emergency access, please call Major Bruce Perry at 443-677-2195 or Lieutenant Derrick Johns at 410-207-0850.
Faculty Office Access for the Spring 2021 Semester
- If you need to access your office during the spring semester to teach in-person classes, prepare course materials, or to teach an online class, please submit a Spring Office Access Request.
Counseling Center Women of Color Coping Circle
- The next Women of Color Coping Circle will be held online Friday, December 4 at 2 p.m.
UHS Workshop: Releasing Tension to Prevent Conflict
- Join University Health Services’ Peer Health Educators on Monday, December 7 at 2 p.m. for a workshop on how to take a step back and combat building tension to prevent and resolve conflict.
- Grit & Gratitude: UMBC’s Annual Holiday Celebration: We have never been more grateful for our UMBC community than in 2020. Please join us on December 16 at 3 p.m. to celebrate your accomplishments during the fall semester; hear personal stories of determination and support from faculty, staff, and students; and enjoy performances by our talented students. Please register here for this virtual event.