In this section:
Campus Access & Facilities
Return to On-Campus Work
On-Campus Approval Process
On-Campus Safety Protocols
Human Resources FAQ
Remote Learning Resources
Latest Employee Action Update
Campus Status: The University is open, with employees working remotely. Facilities will remain closed. Maryland is currently under a Stay at Home Order.For the most updated information and more information on actions to reduce COVID-19 risks in our community, please visit covid19.umbc.edu.
Student Services and Support
- The Counseling Center is offering a weekly Trans Drop-in event as well as Coping with COVID and Life-Work Balance During a Pandemic webinars.
- University Health Services and The Counseling Center are both providing services remotely during this time.
- The Stay Black and Gold Emergency Fund helps provide emergency assistance that supports well-being or academic success.
- There will be a Research Town Hall for students, faculty, and staff on April 17. More details to come.
- NBC News has an excellent profile of Alumna Kizzmekia Corbett’s leadership work on a COVID-19 vaccine.
Business Continuity and Staff Support
- There are now updated guidelines for Business Services, Purchases, and Invoices.
- It is critical for UMBC to provide details to the University System of Maryland on the incurred COVID-19 expenses. Please journal incurred expenses to your COVID-19 Project. For those Units that have not created a COVID-19 Project, please work with your Dean's office or Business Manager and review COVID-19 Expense Tracking.
- The ONE UMMS Emergency Staffing Pool is a Temporary Per Diem/PRN float pool that deploys additional resources to hospitals. Learn more here.
- Only employees with a letter from their supervisor or students that are approved for late stay should be on campus. If you have an emergency need to visit campus, call UMBC Police Deputy Chief Bruce Perry at 443-677-2195 or Lieutenant Derrick Johns at 410-207-0850.
#UMBCtogetherIn the midst of challenging times, the UMBC community always finds ways to support each other. Check out how Retrievers are staying #UMBCtogether even though we’re physically apart:If you have questions or concerns, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.