In this section:
Latest Employee Action Update
Campus Status: The University is open, with employees working remotely. Facilities will remain closed. Maryland is currently under a Stay at Home Order.For the most updated information and more information on actions to reduce COVID-19 risks in our community, please visit covid19.umbc.edu.
Student Services and Support
- Residential Students have received an email on options for students to retrieve their belongings.
- Campus Life’s Leadership Peer Facilitators offer a Virtual Leadership series with student-led workshops on time management, self-awareness, leadership skills, and other topics.
- SGA election results will be announced Friday, May 1 at noon.
- Check out University Health Services & Health Promotion and the Counseling Center’s new post Get Moving, Stay Active.
- DoIT’s Instructional Technology team is pleased to introduce Planning Instructional Variety for Online Teaching (PIVOT), a new professional development program for instructors who wish to take a more deliberate and holistic approach to preparing their courses for remote, synchronous and asynchronous, online instruction.
- Charissa Cheah, psychology, discusses on NBC News, research she is doing on discrimination faced by Chinese Americans as a result of COVID-19.
Business Continuity and Staff Support
- Only employees with a letter from their supervisor or students that are approved for late stay should be on campus. If you have an emergency need to visit campus, call UMBC Police Deputy Chief Bruce Perry at 443-677-2195 or Lieutenant Derrick Johns at 410-207-0850.
#UMBCtogetherOur UMBC community always finds ways to support each other. Check out how Retrievers are staying #UMBCtogether even though we’re physically apart:If you have questions or concerns, please email email@example.com.