In this section:
Campus Access & Facilities
Return to On-Campus Work
On-Campus Approval Process
On-Campus Safety Protocols
Human Resources FAQ
Remote Learning Resources
Latest Employee Action Update
Campus Status: The University is open, with employees working remotely. Facilities will remain closed. Maryland is currently under a Stay at Home Order and face-coverings are required when in retail establishments and public transportation.For the most updated information and more information on actions to reduce COVID-19 risks in our community, please visit covid19.umbc.edu.
Student Services and Support
- Student Refunds will be posted to accounts by the end of today, with funds available through Bankmobile within the next two weeks. More information is available here.
- SGA elections are happening online. Learn about the candidates and cast your vote here.
- UMBC is collecting memories and messages of gratitude from the Class of 2020 for potential use in Commencement communications, social media, UMBC Magazine, and beyond. Graduates, share your story here by Monday, April 27. Also, Students in the Class of 2020 will receive essential information this week on participating in graduation celebrations so make sure to check your email.
- The Mosaic Center is hosting a Share and Care space on Wednesday, April 22 at noon.
- Off-Campus Student Services is hosting Adult Learner week including a workshop on Work-Life Balance during COVID-19.
- University Health Services and The Counseling Center are both providing services remotely during this time.
- Karl Steiner, VP for Research, will represent UMBC on the newly established USM COVID Research & Innovation Task Force. The taskforce will leverage and mobilize systemwide research and innovations that will engage policymakers, business leaders, and the entrepreneurial community in addressing the COVID-19 pandemic.
- UMBC's 24th Annual Undergraduate Research and Creative Achievement Day (URCAD) will take place online from April 22 – 29.
- Lucy Wilson, emergency health services was featured on CNN on expectations for reopening the country.
Business Continuity and Staff Support
- Due to the health risks presented by the COVID-19 crisis, all overnight camps and residential programs are canceled for Summer 2020. In addition, all day-camps scheduled for June are canceled. More information available here.
- Only employees with a letter from their supervisor or students that are approved for late stay should be on campus. If you have an emergency need to visit campus, call UMBC Police Deputy Chief Bruce Perry at 443-677-2195 or Lieutenant Derrick Johns at 410-207-0850.
#UMBCtogetherOur UMBC community always finds ways to support each other. Check out how Retrievers are staying #UMBCtogether even though we’re physically apart:If you have questions or concerns, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.