In this section:
Campus Access & Facilities
Return to On-Campus Work
On-Campus Approval Process
On-Campus Safety Protocols
Human Resources FAQ
Remote Learning Resources
Latest Employee Action Update
Campus Status: The University is open, with employees working remotely. Facilities will remain closed. Maryland is currently under a Stay at Home Order.For the most updated information and more information on actions to reduce COVID-19 risks in our community, please visit covid19.umbc.edu.
Student Services and Support
- SGA and Student Affairs are hosting a forum on student support and will share results from the student well-being survey on Wednesday, April 29 at noon.
- Class of 2020 members should have received an email on how to register to participate in graduation celebrations. If you did not receive this email, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Don’t forget, the Academic Success Center is offering all its services, including tutoring, online.
- DoIT’s Instructional Technology team is pleased to introduce Planning Instructional Variety for Online Teaching (PIVOT), a new professional development program for instructors who wish to take a more deliberate and holistic approach to preparing their courses for remote, synchronous and asynchronous, online instruction.
- The Library & Gallery is documenting the experiences of UMBC students, staff, faculty, and other members of the campus community during the COVID-19 coronavirus pandemic, and contributing them to the UMBC University Archives. Learn more here.
- Due to continued travel advisories, all Study Abroad programs for fall 2020 have been canceled. More information and resources for students are available here.
Business Continuity and Staff Support
- Only employees with a letter from their supervisor or students that are approved for late stay should be on campus. If you have an emergency need to visit campus, call UMBC Police Deputy Chief Bruce Perry at 443-677-2195 or Lieutenant Derrick Johns at 410-207-0850.
#UMBCtogetherOur UMBC community always finds ways to support each other. Check out how Retrievers are staying #UMBCtogether even though we’re physically apart:If you have questions or concerns, please email email@example.com.