The Office for Academic and Pre-Professional Advising (OAPA) offers students:
- Academic advising for students who are exploring majors or are interested in pre-professional programs,
- Review of general requirements,
- Assistance to students in academic difficulty,
- Outreach about and workshops for exploratory and pre-professional students, and
- Review and approval of excess credits.
We have established an academic continuity plan to ensure that our services will continue to be available to students, faculty, and staff through remote formats as part of UMBC’s COVID-19 response.
Best Ways to Contact Our Office
Students can contact OAPA by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or RT ticket with general questions or concerns. Students can schedule individual advising appointments using our online staff appointment calendars here.
At this time, all scheduled appointments will be conducted using WebEx. You will receive instructions when you schedule an appointment.