UMBC is open, with employees working remotely. Facilities remain closed. If you have an emergency, please call UMBC Police at 410-455-5555. Maryland is currently under a Safer at Home Order. However, travel and other restrictions remain in Baltimore and Montgomery counties.
Campus Status: UMBC is open, with most students, faculty, and staff studying, teaching, and working remotely. Facilities remain closed. If you have an emergency, please call UMBC Police at (410) 455-5555. Maryland is currently under a Safer at Home Order. However, travel and other restrictions remain in Baltimore County and other areas.The latest campus updates are posted on the Retrievers Return Roadmap website. If you have questions or concerns, please email email@example.com.
Student Services and Support
- Check out the latest ways for students to Stay Connected with Student Affairs.
- Help promote Welcome Week and Involvement Fest events. Check out welcomeweek.umbc.edu and follow the Welcome Week myUMBC group to receive updates as more events are announced.
- Off-campus Student Services (OCSS) welcomes commuters, transfers, adult learners, and veterans back to campus. Look for events in August and follow the OCSS myUMBC group for more updates.
Business Continuity and Staff Support
- The Faculty Development Center (FDC) supports faculty and instructors in their teaching role by providing a comprehensive program of services and resources. As you prepare for remote instruction, hybrid courses, or face-to face instruction this fall, please remember that the FDC staff are here during the summer and continue to provide a number of resources to support you! View this post to learn about their programming, CATALyst and observation services, consultations, online resources, and ebooks. Please feel free to reach out to the FDC for support, with suggestions, or just to check in.
- UMBC’s buildings are secured, with some employees and research teams on campus and taking appropriate health and safety precautions. Only employees with permission from their supervisor, approved researchers, and/or approved students should be on campus.
- Faculty Summer Office Access Requests: If you need to access the campus to prepare course materials for a class that you are teaching this fall, or access to your office to teach online during the summer, please submit a Summer Office Access Request.
- Faculty Fall Office Access Requests: If you need to access the campus during the fall semester to prepare course materials for a class that you are teaching, or access to your office to teach online during the fall semester, please submit a Fall Office Access Request. If you need a teaching assistant to also have access to campus for instructional purposes, please include the TA’s information in your request. Please submit your request by August 13, 2020. Decisions will be rendered by August 18, 2020.
- If you have a one-time emergency need to visit campus and have gained appropriate approval(s) but do not have keys to gain access to the building/office that you need to visit, please call UMBC Police Deputy Chief Bruce Perry at (443) 677-2195 or Lieutenant Derrick Johns at (410) 207-0850.
- Visit the UMBC Together myUMBC group for a weekly event spotlight.